Sunday, January 2, 2011

Twilight to Midnight

I was asked about a month ago if I would be part of a group of local artists that would do a sidewalk chalk art piece for St. George's New Years Eve celebration, Twilight to Midnight. First off, I'm really quite shy with my art work. So the fact that I said yes, knowing my piece would be viewed by many people was quite the shock. I have been in nervous anticipation for the past month, my eye has even been twitching, which just added to bucket of emotions. But low and behold on Friday, in the 25 degree weather, adorned in four layers of clothing I completed my piece. Everything went pretty well, except I forgot to bring something to kneel on so my knees are pretty bruised and sore. Kneeling on cold concrete for a few hours will do that. Here are some pics of my piece, and some of the other pieces. My piece is abstract so keep that in mind. It was really neat to see so many different styles of art and the artists behind the work.

Some of the finished pieces.
My piece is the bottom right.
Fellow artists at work.
My piece. Sorry its not a better photo.

5 comments:

Mom W. said...

Thanks, enjoyed the pictures and I really admire your ability to create. Steph, you really are unique!!

Ryanna said...

Way to get out and share your talent.

Jenny Axford Cook said...

That's really cool!

The Logan Wheelers said...

What a great opportunity for you to use your talent. We miss you guys.

Jenny said...

Steph, I love your piece! I wish I could capture it and put it on my wall!

Miss you :)