Sunday, August 9, 2009

Updates Updates! Read all about em'

It's been awhile since we've been able to update our blog due to our internet situtation. About a month and a half ago we set up internet and cable through a company down here called Elevate. Our cable was installed within a week but we are still waiting for our high speed internet. Everytime we call customer service we get different stories. Finally this past week we decided enough was enough! and we cancelled our internet through them. Our high speed internet will be set up on tuesday, and we are very excited. We currently are using some free internet that we are picking up from someone nearby but the connection is extremely slow and very flaky. After tuesday our blog will be updated much more regularly. 
Things have been going pretty well, Nathan is enjoying his job and he plans on going on a buisness trip to Canada in September. The verdict is still out if I can go too. I think he is starting to get the hang of things. I have been trying to get in contact with a local museum here to see about being a volunteer or a docent. I waited about three weeks before I heard anything back from them and I will be calling them this next week to set up my schedule. 
As most of you have already found out we are expecting! Yup, thats right, our eggo is prego! I am pretty scared and Nathan is super excited. He's been ready to be a dad for a while but was waiting for me to come around to the idea. We were going to wait til we were past our first trimester but honestly its too hard to keep something this exciting under wraps.  This also means my plans for my Masters will be delayed a little, but hopefully not too much. Truth is I would be doing it next year or so if there were decent programs and schools around (Hope I didn't offend any who went to dixie). The morning sickness has set in and although I haven't thrown up ( I'm not a puker) feeling like your car sick all day really slows me down. Rather than that our little "lentil" is growing week by week. "Lentil" is what we call it, since thats how big it was when we found out.
House hunting has been interesting to say the least, we found a home and placed an offer but we ultimately backed out of it. SO the hunt is still on, we have some promising prospects, with some townhouse/condos. The homes we see are either already under review or need too much work because they've been foreclosed. Its been slightly discouraging looking at house after house only to be disappointed. It seems that the market is only full of short sales, and since they are the brink of being forclosed the properties are trashed. 

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Woo hoo! Congrats on the pregnancy! I'm glad you're not puking, but it's true...morning sickness isn't just in the morning. Hope everything goes well for you both! We're super excited for you!

Lisa said...

Yeah for baby lentil wheeler! I'm so excited for you...congrats! I hope I get to see that baby someday! When are you due?

Shayla and James said...

Oh Steph and Nate,
Congrats. We are so excited for you. You both are going to make the best parents. This baby coming will be blessed for sure by you two.
So way exciting!!!

Val said...

Yay - congrats. Baby and a potential mortgage . . . Good Luck.

Julianna and Mark Weeks and Family said...

Hey that sounds like something that we just went through in the last year. I want to be the first to say "Welcome to a crazy year." we finally closed on a house and were in the process of moving when I was 6 months prego. so good luck, sorry about the morning sickness,(I didn't have the privilage of working with morning sickness or nasuea.) Hope all goes well keep us posted.