Sunday, September 13, 2009

Cravings and Prego updates

I thought I would post a little blip about how the pregnancy is going and my latest cravings, so far my most intense cravings have been for cheese and eggo waffles, but not together, that would be gross. Cheese is the hard one, being somewhat lactose in tolerant cheese doesn't exactly mix with me, but when its all I want to eat I've been in a world of catch 22 with food. Nathan thinks its pretty funny, when all I want to eat are grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, cheetos, cheese sandwiches, crackers and cheese, apples and cheese, the list goes on and on! Also, for the last week or so I've been wanting to eat frozen waffles, for some reason, they just are amazingly tasty to me. After I toast them I put butter and syrup on them and pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds and I'm in heaven! This pregnancy has been giving us mostly laughs and some scares. I did have a situation about two weeks ago where we thought I had miscarried. I had an emergency appointment with my doctor and while everything looked great on the ultrasound, Lentil was even dancing, we couldn't figure out what happened. So for the two weeks after I had to be really careful because I was a "threatened miscarriage". My next appointment is tomorrow, and I feel really positive about things, and we feel the scare is long past. I also had the chance to go on a maternity shopping spree with my cousin and aunt last weekend, to Motherhood Maternity. I think I bought out the whole store! Its sad when your maternity clothes are cuter and more artsy than your non prego clothes! I love them and I'm excited to wear them throughout my pregnancy, I couldn't believe that I even found pants long enough! MIRACLE!
Ps- Nathan and I have a bet going, he thinks its a boy and I think its a girl... can't wait to see who wins!

4 comments:

rachwheel said...

How fun! I'm so glad you got some cute maternity clothes. That's one thing that makes pregnancy worth it. And I hear ya on the cheese thing. My love is particularly sharp cheddar right now. Oooooo, and I think I'll try the eggo waffles, they've always been a favorite, but too much of a luxury most of the time. I think I shall treat myself being the baby maker and care-taker and all. I deserve it.
Oh my goodness, I'm glad you and the baby are alright. Did you start spotting or something? That's scary. I actually spotted and had really irregular menstrual cycles the first trimester of my pregnancy with Angela. Just like you, I went for a couple emergency ultrasounds and everything looked perfectly normal.
That was after my miscarriage, so you can imagine how stressful it was on me with two small children to care for, in a hotel room nonetheless as we ventured to a couple of Dan's conferences in Colorado and Hawaii. It was a good month before we were able to get back home and get me an appointment. Scary times, I couldn't do much but had to take care of my little ones and carry them out of necessity sometimes.
Anyway, hope the cost is clear for you!
What a blessing!
Love you, and miss you guys. Hope we are able to visit sometime in the near future. Maybe we could double our baby blessings somehow. Meet somewhere in the middle?? Like Nancy's or maybe in Kansas in the middle of nowhere. We'll have to see as the time comes.
Take care of your little lentil!

Lisa said...

That's funny I craved cheese like crazy too, and I have the same problem as you...I guess since we don't eat dairy that often our bodies know when we need it! Isn't Motherhood Maternity amazing! I love the clothes that I bought from there! I'm glad you and the baby are doing well...that is so scary Stephy!

Julianna and Mark Weeks and Family said...

well congrates on the maternity clothes, DON"T STRESS!! (that makes things worse, so glad your feeling good about things). good luck with everything, now you really have to keep us updated about your pregnancy. I say mother's intuition, but you never know. well good luck and take care.

Amber said...

So I feel REALLY dumb! I had no idea you were expecting!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you guys! When are you due & when do you find out the sex of your baby? Aren't cravings the funniest thing? I craved foods that started with the letter "P": popcorn, PANCAKES, pizza & peanuts! Those were my intense cravings. Notice the emphasis on the pancakes. I can see you craving waffles :P yum yum!

How's Nathan's job? It's awesome to see you guys are getting a house & everything! How grown up! I wish we were that far down the road, but unfortunately we have several years before we even think about settling somewhere. Well, good luck with everything! Congrats again & sorry about my stupidity!