Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Keys to a new life

Just to bring everyone up to date, since the last week or so has been super chaotic, we are now officially homeowners! We closed on Monday and received the keys to our new place yesterday. We are relieved that everything is finally done! Nathan has his mind set on moving in this weekend, which means that we have to go buy a fridge, clean (both places) and pack. Nathan doesn't think we need to do much cleaning to our new place, but I am seriously scrubbing the place down! It grosses me out not to! So these next few days will be super crazy as well. Nathan and I have been debating paint colors and furniture arrangements and much to my surprise I actually let him pick out the main color that will be in the living room or loft! He picked Orange, I'm very excited about it! It will be a really good color, with our sage green couches we are thinking more of a pumpkin orange. The trick will be for me to make it more contemporary and less traditional (which you can do with some great pillows). We are just both excited to have a home and incorporate our own style!
Other fun news, we will be going to Canada probably over the weekend of October 24th and I have started my docent position at the local art museum. The art museum in St. George is very different from the one in Logan, its a lot less formal which is very different. And yes I can now officially say I have seen an incredible amount of southern utah landscapes. The museum does have a handful of contemporary abstract pieces which I am instantly drawn to, in a sea of red rock landscapes they are refreshingly original.

2 comments:

Chelsea and Dustin Walkenhorst. said...

congrats you guys! that is so exciting!

Julianna and Mark Weeks and Family said...

Glad to hear you are changing the locks. our realtor said we better do that. (but down here in Mesa, you can't be to secure.)
I hear you on the cleaning situation. tell nathan that you are in the NESTING stage. I told everyone that if my baby is gonna crawl around in dirt it was gonna be our dirt.