Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy December!

Even though Lentil won't be here to enjoy this christmas we couldn't resist getting her a stocking, her stocking is the one in the middle
Here is a pic of one angle of our living room with our tree and stockings- we still need to hang our black shelf up next to the painting. I decided to post a picture of a portrait I did for my best friend's birthday (its of her daughter) mostly so Uncle Paul can see that I'm still doing art. And Finally....here is a more up to date picture of me at about 25 weeks- not my most favorite photo but its shows the tum tum


We had the opportunity to go travel up to Logan last weekend for a baby shower which was a blast! It was incredibly fun seeing my friends who I've missed so much! I also got to see one of my best friends on her birthday, since she threw the shower! We were hoping to be able to see some family while up there but the weather would not cooperate, and we ended up leaving early to drive back to Salt Lake. Nathan and I also battled snow storms on sunday when we had to leave preventing us from seeing more family- we felt bad that we were unable to visit some family but safety was our priority. I think we took a big sigh of relief when we finally made it home. We are also leaning towards staying south for christmas.

Lentil is getting bigger every week, and I feel like I've swallowed a basketball. I painted my toenails the other day and it took 20 minutes! Somedays I feel like I've already got my waddle on. I can't believe that I'm under the 100 days left mark and frankly its quite nerve wracking. However, I am really looking forward to the day I no longer have a human growing inside of me, yeah- still not my favorite. Who ever said God prepares you in that nine months to be parents was lying! (Nathan and I joke about that all the time)









3 comments:

Amber said...

You look so cute!!! Believe me, when your baby gets here you'll be relieved, but there will be days you wish you were still pregnant. Your life changes completely, & you realize how selfish you really are b/c EVERYTHING revolves around the baby (showers, shopping, eating, sleeping, EVERYTHING!) But life is so much more fun & meaningful with something you created running around. Hang in there!

rachwheel said...

I LOVE the drawing!
Almost, and I said almost... makes me want to get out some paper and start drawing all my kids. I've done little sketches of them all, but not anything good enough quality to hang up. It seems all my hobbies and talents have been mostly forgotten since taking care of my family's needs comes first and keeping up with three kids, a husband and house is constant. But, I ought to find some quiet time over this holiday break to draw again.
Anyway, you are a true artist! I LOVE every one of those pictures-you look mighty fine, love your shirt, and the way you set up your living room, so fuN! All of them are beautiful.

I contemplated also ironing on Sarah's name on one of our stockings. Thought I'd better leave that for next year. But I have one saved for her. You're going to have THREE in your family!

Exciting, isn't it?
Wish we could come visit.
Love ya lots!

pdwheeler said...

Steph, I'm glad to see you are still doing art. Is that an example of your abstract expressionism?