Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving and More (wish I could come up with a better title)

Thanksgiving came and went and we had such a wonderful time! We had the opportunity to have two thanksgiving dinners and see both sides of our family. Nathan ate thanksgiving dinner with his parents, something he hasn't been able to do since his high school days. He also had the chance to play volleyball with his family that morning, I sat out due to my serious lack of hand-eye coordination, but it was really fun to watch them play!

We also had the chance to celebrate my mom's birthday, she would have been 50 this year. Of course the crazy daughter that I am, I took black "over the hill" balloons to her grave. I figure I would have given them to her if she was still alive. We shared funny memories of her and had some ice cream, it was such a joy to celebrate her amazing life.

We went through my mom's storage locker and moved stuff down to our house with the help of my grandparents. Finding a place for everything and trying to make it still look like our house has been an interesting challenge. We really enjoyed having my grandparents down here for a few days and we greatly appreciated all their help with moving in furniture. Our house is finally starting to look and feel like a home.

Lentil is growing and becoming very wiggly. I don't think I will ever get used to feeling a baby move inside me- it is the weirdest feeling I've EVER experienced. I'm not sure if I love being pregnant, I am very grateful for having such a relatively easy pregnancy but it certainly has effected my self esteem. Its worth it, but hard at the same time. Thank goodness for my supportive husband who tell me everyday, many times a day, how much he loves me. Lately I've really needed it.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Pregnancy is a different kind of beauty in that you're are bringing a little person into the world. That sacrifice will be worth it once your baby is here & you couldn't imagine life without her.

I agree with not getting used to the whole feeling your baby move. I honestly felt kind of creeped out at times & now that I haven't been pregnant for just under 6 months, I realize it was kind of fun & that I could do that again. It's a unique & awesome experience.

Hope all is well :)

pdwheeler said...

This is a strange yet wonderous time. You will be fine. We love you.