Friday, February 5, 2010

Family Baby Shower

I had to find a photo of Loralie with her darling son Bruce (he was the star of the party), he is so CUTE!
Nathan's finger puppet that Aunt Diane and Uncle Paul gave us, this gift couldn't represent Nathan better! He loved it! (I loved how Aunt Diane had to show Nathan where to put his fingers)


Lentil's room after we arrived home- we are very blessed, thank you everyone!
Another view of the nursery
Lentil's first Madame Alexander doll- Nellie gave it to her (Nellie got one when she was little and wanted to start the tradition with Lentil- how sweet!)
Presents everywhere!
Lentil's crib bedding set from my dad- just incase you were wondering we are painting the walls the purple gray color (next week's project)
Nathan was so excited to get clothes that say "daddy" on them
Lentil's first "tree hugger shirt!" it says "little miss nature" on it
Aunt Diane and Uncle Paul know me too well- this is Lentil's tree hugger book- made from recycled materials and its about saving the environment!
Me pointing to my eyes as I'm crying- this blanket was started by my mom and found among her things after she passed away, my grandma Helen finished it for me (there wasn't a dry eye in the room)
Quilt made by my grandma Helen

Sitting by the gifts
Loralie, Me (of course being a dork and laughing) and Nellie
My sister Katie and my Aunt Shelly (party planners!)
Aunt Jill and Aunt Dee
Faye, Aunt Diane, Sharon, and Suzanne
Our fab buffet
Take home favors- Katie did an awesome job!

The family shower was a blast! Thank you to everyone who came! It was so much fun laughing and spending the afternoon with friends and family. The boys hung out downstairs and played the Wii and the gals enjoyed the party. Unfortunately, my grandma Helen woke up that morning with the flu and was unable to join us for the shower. It was sad that she couldn't come out of her room to join us but you can't control when you get sick, she is doing much better now. My family has been very excited for this new baby (I think Lentil will bring a lot of healing and joy to our family) so they went a little crazy buying gifts, I was opening presents for over an hour! However, we are very grateful for everyone's generosity! The gift that was the most special was a crocheted pink afghan that my mom was working on for someone when she passed away, my family found it, and my grandma finished it for me (thank goodness Lentil is a girl). Of course I was crying and so was everyone else- it is something that I will treasure forever. Thank you again to everyone!!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Wow you guys made out like bandits! Oh & your glider/rocking chair looks just like ours & I love it!!! What a sweet gift from your mom/grandma. I'm sure you will have that one forever! Glad you had a great shower! You're almost done! Yay!!!