Wednesday, February 17, 2010

35 Weeks!

This is just a quick little pregnancy update. I went to my doctor's appointment yesterday (which are now going to be on a weekly basis- I can't believe it!) and I am officially 35 weeks, which means 2 more weeks until I am term and 5 more weeks until I am full term! I was also shocked to find out that I am 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced, little Lentil is head down and already dropped as well. Nathan is REALLY excited about this progress, even though I explained to him that women can be dilated for weeks before labor starts. He is still super excited. I was a little more freaked out, especially when my doctor told me that if I went into labor now they wouldn't stop it- which makes everything seem very, VERY, REAL! Its not like I've been in denial about being pregnant (its kinda hard to ignore the basketball in front of you prevent you from doing everything!) however, its becoming very real that time is winding down. I think I will start putting a list together of things to pack for the hospital bag- I can't believe we are almost done!

7 comments:

valerie said...

YEAH! I am so excited for you!!!

Homeschool Mamma said...

exciting stuff!! I watch your blog and facebook posts with great interest. :)

Amber said...

yay yay yay!!! That is so exciting! I'm glad you are aware that it still could be a while though. If you are anxious there are many wives tales to try. I tried many, but the one that worked for me...castor oil. Lol. If you're not anxious...ENJOY THE LAST ALONE TIME YOU WILL EVER HAVE!!! Babies are fun, but your life FOREVER changes when a baby enters. Good luck with everything & keep us updated!

Than & Lina said...

Kind of a crazy feeling, huh? I recommend you pack soon because I just happened to pack half of my bag the night before Anika was born. It made it easier for Nate to grab the last minute things, throw them in, and bring it to the hospital. I hope all goes well!

Jenny said...

WOW! Steph.... I'm sitting here with a big ol' grin and a slightly dazed look in my eyes. Reality likes to run up on us and give us a light smack on the back of our heads, doesn't it?

pdwheeler said...

You seem well prepared if she should come early. I wasn't, we had to borrow a cardboard box bed for Andrea from Dave and Faye.

Shayla and James said...

Very exciting news. I am so happy for you. Please let me know if I can do anything to help and know I am thinking of you!!! You can do it:)