Tuesday, March 2, 2010

No baby but orange walls!

Well this past week or so Nathan's wish for an orange wall came true. He actually has two orange walls. We painted the loft over the weekend and it really brings some pizazz to our home. We are pretty spunky people so why not have our home reflect our personality? However, our downstairs looks really boring as all the walls are still a boring beige color. We'll eventually jazz them up too.

Nathan and I found a piece of art for the loft to tie in the other colors of the room (which is no easy task with the shade of orange he picked) but I'm debating if it will really work. So right now its just leaning up against the wall, my instinct tells me to find something else that is more funky. Anyone have any ideas on where to find a neat painting?

Lentil is doing well- still cooking. Nathan really wanted her to come today because then her birthday would have been 3-2-10 (blastoff!) but she had other plans to stay put. I am currently 37 weeks so I'm considered term today. I went to the doctors today and there hasn't been any change since last weeks progression, I'm still 2.5-3 cm dilated and 70% effaced. I think I'm going to be walking around like this for awhile- which is okay because we need all the time we can get to mentally prepare!

Nathan is really starting to enjoy his job, he's a team leader for one project and is working with teams on other projects. He is a super busy boy. He is also getting even more excited and impatient for Lentil to come join our family.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Wow, 3 cm dilated. That's pretty good. Maybe you'll have a short labor. That will be nice. Keep us posted! Good luck & hang in there!

Melanie said...

Oh stephanie, you just wait,...your baby is going to come a week late....lol! love ya!